Switching on Fat Burning
High levels of carbohydrates in the diet work with the hormone insulin to ’switch off’ fat burning and increase fat/weight gain.
It becomes virtually impossible to lose fat if you have raised insulin levels.
The secret to the Shake It program is its ability to reduce the body’s blood sugar and insulin levels which allow a higher level of fat burning. Eating less food is not the answer; you need to specifically reduce the high glycaemic index, carbohydrate-rich foods in order to ’switch on’ fat burning.
Some good reasons to lose body fat are:
- Looking good means feeling great. Excess body fat can affect your self-esteem. Meeting a challenge, improving your health and looking better can improve your sense of accomplishment, self-esteem and health in countless ways. You can do it!
- Improved energy levels. Overweight and obese people have much less energy than people who have a healthy body weight. More energy means more vitality.
- Reduced risk of developing many chronic diseases. Being overweight dramatically increases your risk of developing a number of chronic diseases. Losing weight and keeping it off improves your long term health!
- Healthy ageing. Obesity is related to unhealthy, premature ageing. Consider fat loss a type of ‘life insurance’.
4 OR 8 WEEK PROGRAM
- 1 hour long naturopathic consultation (including body fat% , hydration levels, nutrient status and full health questionnaire)
- Weekly weigh-in/measurement consultations (15 mins)
- Meal replacements for the duration
- 88 page recipe booklet
- Meal planner
- 24 online assistance
- Program may be claimable through private health insurance